In addition to helping detect, treat and prevent eye diseases, eyeLABS provides care for urgent eye health issues like infections, inflammation, allergies and eye injuries, including removing foreign bodies from the eye. As trained specialists, we can assess unusual or sudden vision changes and various conditions causing eye pain – and, when necessary, provide referrals to other specialists.
Doctors of Optometry in Ontario are specially trained to prescribe medication to treat:
- Bacterial and viral eye infections;
- Eyelid infections and inflammation, such as Blepharitis and Styes;
- Inflammation of the eye itself, such as anterior uveitis;
- Eye pain due to dry eyes;
- Allergic conjunctivitis;
- Superficial corneal foreign bodies;
- Red, sore, irritated eyes due to contact lens wear;
- Pre- and post-operative conditions associated with cataract or refractive surgery.
- This means shorter wait times in emergency rooms and walk-in clinics for eye related problems.
Are you experiencing painful or red eyes? Have you suddenly lost a portion of your vision? Are you noticing a sudden increase in floaters?
If you can`t wait for your regular eye exam, contact us immediately. You do not need a referral.
Note: If emergency symptoms occur while our clinic is closed, please go to your nearest emergency room or walk-in clinic.